Taking the whole family away for a well earned break is a something that millions of people look forward to each summer but it's important to be protected overseas. Here's how to get quality cheap family travel insurance to protect you and your family.
When travelling abroad with your family, you want to be sure that whatever you do you're whole family is adequately covered.
Purchasing your comprehensive cheap travel insurance for single parents before you leave on your holiday will give you complete peace of mind so you can just enjoy yourself.
Whether you plan to take a family holiday once a year or to travel together on more occasions there will be a family policy suitable for your needs. Alternatively you can also find single parent travel insurance
Regular stay policy is best if you only take one holiday or are only travelling to one destination.
Take as many holidays as you wish and be covered all year long! 17 days Winter Sports Cover FREE if you take out the 45 days policy.
Aussies, Kiwis & Saffas Cover is for round trip journeys from your current country of residence in the UK, or EU and also for one way trips of up to 12 months duration
Example Quote* - £35.00
> Get a quote from GLOBELINK - Link not working? try this
- You can also purchase our policies while already travelling or on holiday already
- Provide full benefits, up to the policy limits, for all destinations including countries under the FCDO and government essential and non-essential travel advisories.
- Medical Expenses & Emergency Evacuation: £ 10,000,000.00
- They cater to all travellers: people on holiday, business and adventure travellers, freelancers, and more.
Example Quote* - £29.00
> Get a quote from BATTLEFACE INSURANCE - Link not working? try this
ALLCLEAR Travel Insurance
- Covers all sorts of Medical Conditions - Get peace of mind with cover for any medical condition including diabetes, cancer and heart disease
- No age restrictions because they believe everyone deserves the right to travel no matter their age
- Long stay travel insurance is cover for a holiday where you’ll be travelling for any period up to 12 months.
- 99% of customers are offered cover
Quotes from* - £9.70
> Get a quote from ALLCLEAR Insurance - Link not working? try this
- Travelsupermarket covers many of the options for long stay insurance and will offer coverage for all ages.
- Their quote engine probably gives more results than any other comparison site
- They have a backpacker option too, which provides budget travel cover for people of all ages.
Example Quote* - £40.00
> Get a quote from TRAVEL SUPERMARKET - Link not working? try this
Cedar Tree Insurance up to 94 Days
Up to 75 years of age
They offer award-winning travel insurance that provides you with complete travel reassurance whilst abroad.
Every policy we provide boasts the highest level of cover providing you with the confidence to enjoy your trip wherever your destination.
Example Quote* - £45.00
> Get a quote from CEDARTREE Insurance - Link not working? try this
Single Trip Travel Insurance covers you for one holiday or trip – whether your trip is worldwide or in Europe. Cancellation cover starts as soon as you take out the policy and ends when you’re back home again.
Ideal if you are planning on a family holiday in Spain, a ski break with our Winter Sports add-on, or a sporty holiday, with 85 sports and activities covered as standard. Is your holiday longer than 104 days? Personalise cover to suit your needs with our long stay policy.
Example Quote* - £29.00
> Get a quote from AVANTI INSURANCE - Link not working? try this
- Up to £250 total valuables limit to replace your stolen or damaged items and cover your watches and sunglasses
- £5 million medical expenses cover, £5,000 holiday cancellation cover
Example Quote* - £37.49 (ES Single Trip Plus)
> Get a quote from EXPLORER INSURANCE - Link not working? try this
One of the most significant benefits of taking out family holiday insurance or single parent holiday insurance is the potential discounts that are often available.
Children can sometimes be covered for free on their parents' policies - although you should check for age limits as some policies class children as under 16s, some under 18s and some will cover children in full time education into their 20s!
With so much variety in family structure, you can be sure that whatever your situation and however many children you have there will be a family travel insurance policy to suit your needs - both dual and single parent family cover are now offered as standard.
If you decide to take out an annual policy and you and your children are planning to travel separately during the course of the year it is worth taking out family insurance that will cover each individual whether travelling as part of the family group or by themselves.
Some family policies will also allow children to travel with relatives or friends who have separate cover with that particular insurer.
These are all things to look out for if you are unsure of your travel plans over the course of a year.
Whether you choose to add winter or even extreme sports options to your policy, by choosing a family ski insurance or extreme sports policy which fulfils all your requirements, you can really relax and make the most out of your holiday.
You can compare the best family travel insurance deals and the different levels of cover they offer using our single and annual family travel insurance comparison table.
Looking for a great deal on holiday travel insurance?
Sunshine Insure - Europe and Worldwide Travel Insurance for British & UK residents
Please note that this page may contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you.